Anna Pandolfi informa della seguente iniziativa.
PhD Course: An Introduction to Nonlinear Solid Mechanics
The course, open to all the interested PhD students, will be delivered online by Anna Pandolfi in the period
November 2-November 10, 2021.
PhD Course Nonlinear Solid Mechanics
Overview. Rigorous introduction to nonlinear solid mechanics, especially addressing finite kinematics,
material frame indifference, constitutive models within a thermodynamic framework. Analysis of nonlinear
material behaviors. Specific topics:
1. Mathematical preliminaries. Dual basis. Tensors.
2. Kinematics of deformations. Motions, kinematics of local deformation. Polar decomposition.
3. Conservation laws (mass, linear & angular momentum, energy). Thermodynamics. Virtual work principle.
4. Constitutive theories. Coleman-Noll’s theory. Material frame indifference. Thermodynamic potentials.
Kinetic relations. Material classification.
5. Hyperelasticity. Elasticity symmetry. Internal constraints. Elastic materials: isotropic, transversally
isotropic, anisotropic materials.
6. Finite Plasticity. Multiplicative decomposition of the deformation gradient. Exponential and logarithmic
mapping. J2 plasticity. Pressure dependent plasticity.
7. Special materials: fiber reinforced tissues, liquid crystals.