It is a pleasure to invite you to submit one or more abstracts to the Technical Session NSE-1 we are organizing within the 18th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering (WCEE2024), which will be held in Milan from 30 June to 5 July 2024.
The session, titled “SEISMIC PERFORMANCE OF NON-STRUCTURAL ELEMENTS (SPONSE)”, has been organized under the auspices of the International SPONSE Association (http://www.sponse.eu/) and aims to collect contributions focusing on new trends and latest advancements in the field of the seismic performance of non-structural elements.
Researchers and practitioners involved in this area are welcome to join the session and to present their contributions. The topics of expected contributions are mainly related (but not limited) to:
• Performance based-seismic design of non-structural elements.
• Experimental study related to the seismic performance of non-structural elements.
• Modeling/numerical simulation to predict the seismic behavior of non-structural elements.
• Evaluation of the seismic demand on non-structural components.
• Innovative techniques to mitigate the damage to non-structural elements.
• Standardization of qualification and fragility testing and design procedures.
• Loss estimation with special focus on non-structural elements.
The deadline for the abstract submission is 15 May 2023.
You can find additional details at the conference website (https://www.wcee2024.it/).
We look forward to receiving your abstracts and seeing you in Milan!
The co-convenors of the session: Gennaro Magliulo (Professor, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy) Gilberto Mosqueda (Professor, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, USA) Daniele Perrone (Researcher, University of Salento, Lecce, Italy)