The course, open to all the interested PhD students, will be delivered online by Anna Pandolfi in the period November 14-November 28, 2022.
1. Mathematical preliminaries. Dual basis. Tensors.
2. Kinematics of deformations. Motions, kinematics of local deformation. Polar decomposition.
3. Conservation laws (mass, linear & angular momentum, energy). Thermodynamics. Virtual work principle.
4. Constitutive theories. Coleman-Noll’s theory. Material frame indifference. Thermodynamic potentials. Kinetic relations. Material classification.
5. Hyperelasticity. Elasticity symmetry. Internal constraints. Elastic materials: isotropic, transversally isotropic, anisotropic materials.
6. Finite Plasticity. Multiplicative decomposition of the deformation gradient. Exponential and logarithmic mapping. J2 plasticity. Pressure dependent plasticity.
7. Special materials: fiber reinforced tissues, liquid crystals.
For further information see the enclosed attachment.